Hector and The Search for Happiness
By Francois Lelord
I had just finished reading this book which I bought a few years back. I bought it because the cover is simple and attractive and also, I was searching for happiness at all times. Moreover, I prefer to read a novel compared to self help book.
I finally had time to finish reading it. I read it during the time when I was expressing my breast milk or when I was on the train. Other than that, I don’t really have any time to read a book.
This is an interesting book. It is easy to read. Simple. Easy to understand. And, I guess everyone is searching for happiness.
Well, I have jotted down the lessons Hector learned during his adventure search. Read on for his lessons.
The Search for Happiness
1) Making comparisons can spoil your happiness
2) Happiness often comes when least expected
3) Many people see happiness only in the future
4) Many people think that happiness comes from having more power or more money
5) Sometimes happiness is not knowing the whole story
6) Happiness is a long walk in beautiful, unfamiliar mountains
7) It’s a mistake to think that happiness is the goal
8) Happiness is being with the people you love
8b) Unhappiness is being separated from the people you love
9) Happiness is knowing your family lacks for nothing
10) Happiness is doing a job you love
11) Happiness is having a home and a garden of your own
12) It’s harder to be happy in a country run by bad people
13) Happiness is feeling useful to others
14) Happiness is to be loved for exactly who you are
Observation: People are kinder to a child who smiles
15) Happiness comes when you feel truly alive
16) Happiness is knowing how to celebrate
17) Happiness is caring about the happiness of those you love
18) Happiness could be the freedom to love more than one woman at the same time (to be deleted and replaced)
18) Happiness is not attaching too much importance to what other people think
19) The sun and the sea make everybody happy
20) Happiness is a certain way of seeing things
21) Rivalry poisons happiness
22) Women care more than men about making others happy
23) Happiness means making sure that those around you are happy
The lessons above are interesting and true in some of them.
I hope you have found your happiness!